Marta Garcia Aliaga
Development Exec / Series Producer / PD
**BAFTA Connect Member**
I‘m a journalist and Development Exec, shooting / Series Producer / PD with experience working on current affairs, documentaries and specialist factual for BBC, Channel 4, Netflix, NatGeo (amongst others) across the globe. I'm looking to keep... Read More
**BAFTA Connect Member**
I‘m a journalist and Development Exec, shooting / Series Producer / PD with experience working on current affairs, documentaries and specialist factual for BBC, Channel 4, Netflix, NatGeo (amongst others) across the globe. I'm looking to keep Series Producing, Senior Producing and to move into Directing.
A lover of character-led stories, I thrive at turning complex topics into exciting and compelling storylines - in development, production and post.
- Overseen singles and series from development to delivery, on time and to budget. I bring enthusiasm, creative flare and solid storytelling to everything I do, and pride myself in helping each team member thrive.
- Experienced, meticulous and curious interviewer, both on the fly and in master interviews.
- Strong in the edit both as edit producer and overseeing several episodes, with experience in both archive and compliance-heavy docs and series.
- Filmed extensively abroad, in hostile environments, institutional access (police, military, hospitals etc) and with sensitive / vulnerable contributors. EU Passport holder.
- Shooting: Sony ranges (FX9, FS7 to A7s) preferred. Lighting for master interviews.
- Editing: Avid and Final Cut for development and edit producing purposes.
- Languages: native in Catalan, Spanish, English and German; fluent French and basic Italian.
- Training: HEFAT (2018), First Aid (2018), HR for Senior Leadership (Screenskills, 1-to-1, 2022).
Ones To Watch Testimonial: “Marta is superb. Smart, thoughtful with great team and leadership qualities.” Sarah Waldron, Head of International Current Affairs, BBC Read Less
|Course / Qualification||Training Provider / Institution||Year|
|HR for Senior Leadership / Lisa Balderson / Screenskills / 2022|
|HR for Senior Leadership||Lisa Balderson / Screenskills||2022|
|PD Bootcamp / Jo Woolf and Sarah Kerley-Burton / 2021|
|PD Bootcamp||Jo Woolf and Sarah Kerley-Burton||2021|
|Edit Producing / Jo Woolf Media Training / ScreenSkills / 2020|
|Edit Producing||Jo Woolf Media Training / ScreenSkills||2020|
|Shooting and Directing, FS7 / DV Talent / 2019|
|Shooting and Directing, FS7||DV Talent||2019|
|HEFAT / 1st Option Safety / 2018|
|HEFAT||1st Option Safety||2018|
|First Aid / Train aid / 2018|
|First Aid||Train aid||2018|
Media I Work In:
Locations I can work in:
Work Permit EU
Final Cut Pro
Canon C300 Mark II
Sony a7S II
"Ones to Watch" 2022
Emmy nominated 2021