Producer/Director/Series Director/Edit Producer
Alex is an award-winning, highly experienced writer, producer, director, making high-end, top-rating, engaging factual shows. Projects include single films, feature-length documentaries, short series and long running strands.• Prep, producing, directing & edit producing complex & ambitious series with shooting locations in the UK, C... Read More
Alex is an award-winning, highly experienced writer, producer, director, making high-end, top-rating, engaging factual shows. Projects include single films, feature-length documentaries, short series and long running strands.
• Prep, producing, directing & edit producing complex & ambitious series with shooting locations in the UK, Continental Europe, US, Alaska, South America, Russia, Arctic Circle, China, Australia, Africa, Hawaii - for domestic & international broadcasters.
• Specialist areas in science, history, presenter-led travel, archive, drama recon.
• Highly experienced & skilled with CGI. Devising, storyboarding, liaising with FX studios across the world & delivering.
• Completing & delivering shows on-time and on-budget.
• Negotiating & gaining access to ‘challenging’ establishments – Military, Medical, NASA, Aviation, Marine.
• Extensive experience with both presenter-led series and single documentary films.
• Working with full crews across the world.
• Devising & shooting with specialist equipment – ROV’s / Mini Cam Rigs / High-Speed / Jib & Crane.
• Full edit experience – taking all shows through the edit. And online delivery.
• Very accomplished in script writing & narrative – pre & post production.
• Overseeing series development / research. Pitching & scripting. And running teams.
• Liaising with broadcasters at all stages of production – UK, US & worldwide.
• Dealing with multiple broadcasters for co-production projects.
Clients: BBC 1 & 2, ITV 1, Channels 4 & 5, UKTV, Discovery, Discovery Science, National Geographic Channels International, Smithsonian, PBS/Nova, History US & Canada, ZDF, SBS, eOne.
Programming highlights include:
National Geographic - Drain the Oceans – Nat Geo’s highest rating show. Underwater archaeology series. Using photo-real CGI, location shoots in Uruguay, Argentina & Norway, the film uncovers the secrets behind the rise and fall of Hitler’s naval super-fleet.
Discovery – Curiosity Strand: Life Before Birth. Using CGI, extraordinary life-like prosthetic models and specialist shooting, Life Before Birth is story-driven and follows three expectant mothers through their pregnancies - creating and capturing stunning imagery of their developing foetuses.
Channel 4 - Flying Across Britain with Arthur Williams - Pilot and presenter, Arthur Williams, buckles-up and takes to the air in his vintage Piper Cub aircraft - taking us on an amazing aerial tour across the UK. On the way, he uncovers our rich aviation heritage…from long-lost sunken WWII flying boat wrecks to a mind-blowing innovation from a real life Iron Man!
BBC - Horizon: Man on Mars: Mission to the Red Planet – With unique access, the film goes behind NASA’s closed doors as they take their first steps to blasting humans to Mars. From witnessing the awesome, ground-shaking power of a main-engine test to the almost impossible task of designing a lander that will transport the crew to the surface in one piece – Horizon squares up to the real challenges engineers and scientists face in this deep space adventure.
History US / ZDF / eOne - Mummies Alive – Dr Dick Shepherd, lead forensic pathologist behind Princess Diana’s death, puts six mummies under his ‘microscope? All brutally murdered, we follow Shepherd’s investigation and use photo-real CGI to discover who they are. How they die? And who are the killers!?
For a complete overview, please checkout Alex's website - www.hearle.net Read Less
Sorry, we're currently unable to load posts
Media I Work In:
Locations I can work in:
I Visa USA
Single Camera Directing
Glaxo Science Writers Award - C4's Universe series. Gold Special Jury Award - Worldfest Houston International Film Festival - C4's Secrets of the Dead