Producer/Director, Edit Producer & Producer
• 15 years experience in documentary filmmaking/factual programming incl. fast turnaround & rigs. • BBC2, BBC3, ITV, C4, FIVE, DISCOVERY, DISCOVERY ID, NAT GEO, PBS, SKY1 & NETFLIX. • Specialist knowledge: Spanish & Latin American cultures/crime. • Extensive overseas location experience (Central/South America, Afri... Read More
• 15 years experience in documentary filmmaking/factual programming incl. fast turnaround & rigs.
• BBC2, BBC3, ITV, C4, FIVE, DISCOVERY, DISCOVERY ID, NAT GEO, PBS, SKY1 & NETFLIX.
• Specialist knowledge: Spanish & Latin American cultures/crime.
• Extensive overseas location experience (Central/South America, Africa, USA & Russia).
• Proven track record of securing unprecedented access to hard-to-get/sensitive stories & institutions worldwide incl. prisons, law enforcement agencies & tribal cultures.
• Strong treatment & script writing/programme structuring & interviewing skills.
• Talent: Reggie Yates, Stacey Dooley, Ross Kemp, B Traits, Vinnie Jones, Donal MacIntyre, Danny Dyer, Prof. Gates, Gavin Stamp, Dara O Briain, Ed Byrne, Monica Galetti, Giles Coren & Raphael Rowe.
• Fluent in Spanish, French, Swedish, Serbian & Croatian.
• Hostile Environment Trained (refresher Remote Trauma, June 2019 & 1st Option - Oct 2019)
• Valid I-Visa until 2023
• BAFTA ‘Dispatches: Battle for Haiti’ (2011), Broadcast Award: Reggie Yates’ Extreme Russia (2016) & Edinburgh TV Festival Award: Reggie Yates’ Extreme Russia (2016) BAFTA nominated: ’24 Hours in Police Custody’ (2017) Read Less
Minna is a very dedicated and experienced producer. She is really committed to her projects and seems to possess the superpower of being indefatigable! Minna loves being on location, deals exceptionally well with unexpected challenges (or emergencies), is incredibly resourceful and knows when to refer up. Overall she is utterly tenacious, conscientious and meticulous in her pursuit of story or access; oversight of editorial, prep, logistics and crew; and management of everything from consent paperwork to on-screen talent.
Minna really makes things happen. She puts her heart into the job and elevates the experience of the shoot by being there 150%. Her intelligence, professionalism and cool is exactly what we all need on our cinematic adventures.
Minna produced two films out of a series of eight for Netflix each featuring one of the most dramatic hostage crises from recent times. She did a truly outstanding job. The films required extraordinarily difficult, complex and sensitive access to multiple contributors and story telling. Minna managed all of this with consummate skill. Our shoots were equally challenging, and she also took these in her stride. I cannot recommend Minna highly enough.
Minna has an indefatigable spirit and work ethic. She researches with depth and understanding of the narrative and the needs of the director, she is good at getting clear information from contributors and preparing them for filming. Minna is one of the most supportive Producers I have had the pleasure to work with on location, she has an attention to detail and leaves no stone unturned for the smooth running of a tight scheduled foreign shoot. She is good at managing budgets, the crew and local staff, her own time and anything else that is required of her on the ground. I would highly recommend her.
Minna is incredibly diligent, thoughtful and dedicated... an absolute pleasure to work with! In her role as Producer she has covered all aspects needed (from securing difficult access to managing float) with aplomb. I would happily work with her again and intend to do so...
Minna is great - a real trooper. never happier than when she's up to her neck in muck and bullets. She's been to some pretty rough and ready places and managed to persaude all kinds of unsavory characters to appear on camera. She's worked with major presenting talent. She's got an incredible contact list built up over years in the field. She's a skilled multi-linguist.
I could go on.
Bottom line: Minna is a tremendous asset to any production. Highly recommended.
Locations I can work in:
Heath And Safety Training
I Visa USA
Work Permit EU
Canon EOS C300
BAFTA (2011)<br /> BROADCAST AWARD (2016)