Technical Manager ( media) working with a major International brand
We are looking for hands-on Technical Manager to look after the day-to day operations of edit suites and kit room in a boutique media production company working exclusively making films for a large (corporate) energy company based in Waterloo. This role is suitable for an intermediate (3+ years of experience) IT professional who is either looking to transition into IT within film and media world or a film/media production professional who happens to have strong IT background. Experience in tech for branded content, short form, digital , promo or ads or documentary a plus .
Rate : £45k+ (negotiable)
Start : ASAP / July .
Base : In a major International brand energy company office in Waterloo.
Contract: 2 year contract, with a view to extending.
• Administration of network, server and workstation infrastructure for 2 on premises and 4 ‘virtual’ edit suites and the users of the edits .
• Management of SaaS licenses, support contracts and new equipment deployments.
• Stock control and maintenance of camera and lighting kit in the in-house kit room.
• Administration of the MAM pipeline – Ingest, transcode, backup, review, delivery.
• Deployment of remote capture, directing and editing solutions.
• Pro-active research and implementation of new and better media production workflows.
You will need to have :
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Network storage administration.
• Solid understanding of basic computer networking, S3 compliant object storage, Type 1 hypervisors .
• Experience in managing servers, workstations, remote desktop solutions, Premier Pro and After Effects, end-user tech support for workstations.
• Experience shooting documentary style content and setting up equipment .
• Basic online ability - using Resolve and pro tools to online, mix and grade short films.
• In-depth knowledge of modern media post-production workflows, media broadcast and web delivery standards.
• In-depth knowledge of professional camera equipment (esp Sony , go pro, Blackmagic): their set up, operation and tech support .
• Product operation knowledge of : Windows 10 / Windows Server 2022 / Microsoft Sharepoint
• Product operation knowledge of: Avid Nexis / Qnap / Iconik.io / AWS S3 and AWS Glacier Deep Archive / Wasabi / LucidLink/ MAM workflow .
• Edit operation knowledge of : Davinci Resolve / Davinci Resolve Server / Premier Pro / After Effects/ProTools
• Experience in live stream production, video switching, audio mixing.
• Desirable product knowledge (would be a plus) : VMWare ESXI / Pulseway / Duplicacy / Jump Desktop / ObsidianMD/ VMix / NDI / Linux Server management via terminal / Experience with SAML and LDAP authentication deployment / PowerShell and Bash scripting
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Whilst we would love to reply to everyone, we can only contact those who are shortlisted
Please contact us with your CV, your contact details, a cover email, your possible start date and your rate.
Network / Platform
24 months with a view to extending
23rd Jun 2022
29th Jul 2022