We exclusively produce content for Netflix. We are looking for an experienced Director for one of our blue chip Natural History productions. Initially a 6 month contract starting September 2021 but there may be a little flexibility with the start date.
As a Director, you will have a passion for natural history programme making with particular interest in macro filming.
You will help support the Producer and will work closely with production management teams, to develop plans for filming on location and implement these plans in the field.
You will have an ability to direct ground-breaking, high tech, immersive stories in difficult and remote conditions.
You will be collaborative, used to working as part of a foreign team with excellent communication skills for directing in the field and reporting back to HQ.
● Proven experience of natural history macro filming on location.
● Proven experience of the latest macro technology - e.g probe lenses and motion control rigs.
● Ability to develop strong working relationships with scientists, contributors and camera teams around the world and ability to proactively pursue new stories and ideas as appropriate.
● Experience in working to budgets and production schedules in close collaboration with production management teams.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as organisational skills.
● IT proficient - ideally with experience in using AVID software
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working under pressure to tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we cannot reply to personally to all applicants.
Bristol (and remote applications accepted)
29th Mar 2021
8th May 2021