OverviewA hands-on, highly interactive 2-day course that will give you a solid grounding in the challenges of managing a substantial production including how to create a working budget, scheduling and planning the post-production and delivery.
Course ContentThe course is focused on broadcast television and cross-platform projects, and is taught through a series of practical tasks and exercises taken from real-life productions.
Taught by an award-winning head of production, the courses takes you step-by-step through the key stages of a production examining both the practical skills needed to be a successful PM, as well as the 'softer' issues of liaising and managing your team, dealing with execs and series producers.
By the end of the course trainees will be able to successfully manage the production of a programme or project from initial pre-planning to post production, and be able to demonstrate an awareness of how to budget and co-ordinate the compliance and rights issues surrounding common programme scenarios.
• The Role of the Production Manager: programme finance and rights, negotiation skills, the importance of maintaining a good working relationship.
• Health & Safety on Productions: crews, contracts, release forms and production insurance.
• Pre-Production: setting up key systems, negotiation, planning and logistics, setting up shoots during the production and managing locations.
• Creating a Production Schedule: practical exercise
• Financial and cost control: an introduction to creating budget outlines and creating a budget programme.
• Spreadsheet budgeting for a single programme and multi-platform projects.
• Keeping on track and trouble shooting.
• Budgeting practicals: for single programme, series and online projects.
• The Post Production Process: an overview of the editing/post facilities, responsible planning for delivery.
• Copyright and clearances, music and archive clearance, delivery and compliance.
"Brilliant, Ally has so much knowledge and experience and I'm so grateful that she passed it on to us" - Kerry Wordley, Production Co-ordinator
"Was very impressed and gained valuable information, was very informative and gained great new skills and understanding", - Jeremy Quarshie- Halm, Production Assistant
"Detailed, wealth of knowledge and background from the tutor. I did not expect someone so experienced. Thank you" - Johnny Burreu, Production Manager
This course offers Talent Manager Pro members the following discount:
£495 + Vat
This course offers the following early bird discount:
£50 OFF IF BOOKED 4 WEEKS BEFORE THE COURSE DATE