A comprehensive course covering the key principles and practices of unscripted production management. Across 5 months, there will be 8 days of face-to-face training. With additional online modules and masterclasses. Delegates will also be assigned a mentor (including job-related and wider career support) for the duration of the course, and there will be networking opportunities.
This is step-by-step intensive training in the key stages of a production, examining both the practical skills needed to be a successful PM, as well as personal skills when managing a team and working harmoniously with executive / series producers, and broadcasters.
The course will be run by highly experienced Heads of Production, Production Execs and Production Managers.
This programme is supported by the ScreenSkills Unscripted TV Skills Fund, which invests in training for the unscripted workforce thanks to contributions from BBC, Channel 4, Sky, A+E Networks UK, Discovery UK, Channel 5, Netflix, ITV, Amazon and UKTV matched by production companies.
Delegates will be carefully chosen after completing an application process by DV Talent, in partnership with The Talent Manager.
Application deadline – February 24th 2023
There are two training cohorts at locations around the UK. Please note locations may vary depending on the preference of final applicants.
**Please state your location choice (s) on the application form
COHORT 1 (Bristol, London TBC)
25/26 March, 27/28 May, 24/25 June, 22/23 July
COHORT 2 (Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow TBC)
8/9 April, 10/11 June, 8/9 July, 5/6 August
Bursaries are available to support course fees, travel and accommodation
There will be additional online sessions and evening masterclasses, TBC
Who is this for?
· Have at least one credit as a JPM or PM and be actively working in this role for the duration of the programme
· Be looking for support to consolidate their experience and skills so far and navigate the transition between PC and PM
- Beginnings and an overview of Production Management
- Pre-Production and scheduling
- Crewing, contracts & welfare
- Managing effectively
- Insurance, legalities, health and safety
- Kit and locations – UK and Overseas
- Working with Series and Executive Producers – managing upwards & problem solving
- Working with a team
- Legal, insurance and health and safety