An intensive course providing you with a grounding in the key principles and practices of the work involved in film and television drama production management. Over 5 sessions delegates will learn how to break down a short script which they will schedule and have a full understanding of all the elements which go into making up the budget. The course tutor is a drama line producer/ production exec with a wealth of experience of feature film and television drama productions. Successful candidates will also receive a one-on-one mentoring session with the trainer as part of the course.
This course is supported by ScreenSkills using National Lottery funds awarded by the BFI as part of the Future Film Skills programme.
This course will be delivered online, using zoom.
Delegates will need to complete an application process to be selected for the course.
Deadline for applying, midday on Tues 28th July.
- Overview of Production Management – role, functions and responsibilities
- Setting up a project – what to think about and your relationship with the Producer
- Introduction to effective scheduling - how to initially assess a project and break it down
- Principles of budgeting
- Controlling and tracking costs
- Health and Safety
- Risk Assessing
- Location Work, Stunts and SFX sequences
- Working with Directors and Execs – managing upwards & problem solving
- Working with Cast
- Post Production – from ingest to delivery, clearance and deliverables
- Legal Requirements and insurance